Pages

Wednesday 29 November 2017

New Zealand's Sacred Mountains

Today for reading I am about to read New Zealand's sacred mountains and by the title I have found out some questions that I would like an answer to.


How many sacred mountains are their?
Where are the sacred mountains placed?
What are the names of the mountains?


I found out the sacred mountains are sleeping volcanoes that are waiting to erupt.
I also found out that the mountains were once gods and worries for the land.
The last thing that I have found out was only one volcano that was a woman.


We also read a book called The Battle Of The Mountains. I found out that these books are very similar because they are talking about the same story. The battler of the mountains was between the 6 brothers that had there love on the only woman mountain. They decited to have a battle for her love. she couldent stand it anymore so they split up and went there seprate ways.





1 comment:

  1. Where did the mountains end up? I loved how the author explained how the rivers were formed around this area. Could you add more information to this.

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.