Pages

Wednesday 26 August 2020

Photo Montage - Art

During my time in photography class, I have learned more about the history of photomontage and a little about Hannah Hoch. I learned about the different types of filters and some about the work behind the scenes of making the photos but mostly about how Hannah Hoch made her collages. She was very famous for some of her pieces but because she was a female they thought she shouldn't be able to create art. After we learned more about Hannah Hoch, we started to collect different free licensed photos and pasted them into google drawings to keep them safe. Afterwards we removed the backgrounds on the photos using remove.bg. Once we had collected and removed the background of them all we started to put them together making a collage of the photos. I found that this part was the hardest for I had no clue how to start it of. Once I had started though it became easier to create and form the collage.

HANNAH HOCH'S -

Hannah HĂśch - 12 Artworks, Bio & Shows on Artsy

MINE -



2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Emily,
    This is a good description of how you began your exploration of photomontage and Hannah HĂśch. Your photomontage is well done and interesting to look at and think about. As a next step, you could analyse your favourite work. I like the way you repeat the triangular shapes in the cat photomontage. Did you see a shape connection between the duck feet and the triangles? The ducks (and feet) reappear in the top photomontage. How do you interpret the work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mr. Collins,
      I chose the color yellow because of the duck feet cause I wanted to make the viewer to see the duck feet and get interested in the photo montage. I didn't notice that it had a shape connection so thank you for pointing it out. I like the idea of having the ducks in the photo montage because ducks are highly intelligent and emotional creatures. Thank you for looking at my photo montage!

      Delete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.