Pages

Friday 16 October 2020

Masks - Drama

Commedia Dell-Arte Masks - Commedia dell'arte masks are one of the most important parts of each character. Each mask design is paired with a specific character based on appearance and tradition. Commedia masks make a statement to the audience from the moment they are seen on stage.

Greek Masks - They are the Comedy and Tragedy masks that were worn in ancient Greece in the golden age, around 500 – 300 BC. They are paired together to show the two extremes of the human psyche. All of the actors were male, and they all played multiple roles, so a mask was used to show the change in character or mood.

Masquerade Masks - masquerade ball is an event in which many people come in costume wearing a mask. Less formal "costume parties" may be a descendant of this tradition. A masquerade ball usually encompasses music and dancing.

Mask Performance - 

I think that the performance was great. I liked the way all of the masks turned out but I think that next performance I could do better acting for I don't think that I was at my best. One thing I need to remember for next time is to probably not leap as far as I can of the stage for I could tumble over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.