Pages

Tuesday 10 November 2020

Chicken Tacos!! - Cooking

Today for cooking, we made Crispy Chicken Tacos. The people in my group were Sunny and Jacob for Hayley wasn't here today. It was a Strange and chaotic lesson but my group and I managed to pull together in the end and create some great tacos. In our tacos, we had chicken breast, lettuce, cheese, carrots, sour cream, and salsa. 

The Taco was divine, the chicken was very nice for it melted in your mouth. The only thing that troubled me with the chicken was the fact it wasn't as crunchy as I expected so next time I would put it in for longer. The lettuce and carrots were fresh and added some different texture with the crunch making up for the lack of crunch in the chicken. I think I may have added a bit too much sour cream to the tacos for it had an overpowering taste. I think next time I make this I won't add the sour cream for I didn't like the way it blended with the flavors and textures of the taco.

I didn't get any photos for my group, and I didn't have our phones there for making it impossible to get photos of our tacos.

Ingredients:

Tortillas
Salsa
Carrots
Lettuce
Cheese 
Sour cream
Chicken breast 

Cooking Method:

1. preheat oven to 180

2. Slice chicken into strips 4cm wide. These may be cut into 6cm lengths.

3. Place chicken into a bowl.

4. Drizzle with oil and mix to cover all chicken surfaces.

5. Add crispy chicken spice mix and stir to coat chicken evenly.

6. Place coated chicken on an oven tray lined with baking paper. 

7. Bake for 10-12 mins until crispy and golden.

8. warm tortillas in the microwave for 30 sec.

9. Build your taco with chicken, lettuce, carrot, cheese, and top with sour cream and salsa.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily. I am glad you enjoyed your tacos even though the chicken wasn't as crispy as you expected. I wonder if cooking it too much longer might make it dry. I like your comments about the sour cream overpowering the flavours. Too much certainly can have this effect. Have you considered what else you could use instead of tomato salsa?

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.