Pages

Wednesday 14 August 2019

Elderly Daycare

Last week on Wednesday I and a group of students volunteered to go and talk to the people at the elderly daycare to give them people to talk to and explain what we are doing at the school. I went down with Belle, Jessica, and a few of my other friends along with our teacher Mrs, Tozer. I toke my art book with me to show what I love doing and to show someone what I had been working on for a little while. While talking to them I had been shared a sad story about one of their lives and ended up in tears because no one should have to go through the lose of there siblings and loved ones. In the end, we all had fun playing a short game to take home and to the school.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emily, I love the detail you put into this blogpost. Maybe next time add some photos the games you played or photos of what you showed them.Overall this is a really cool and it sounds like you had as much fun as i did at the Elderly Daycare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Emily

    Thank you for taking the time today to catch up on some blogs. I enjoyed reading about your experience at the elderly daycare centre as this isn't an opportunity I am able to experience with you guys, but it sounds like you had a really great time.

    Next time you go, what item would you want to bring to share? What do you think the elderly people would be interested in hearing about?

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.